Bulacan Governor Daniel R. Fernando together with Chief PNP PGen Benjamin Acorda Jr., Vice Gov Alex C. Castro and Bocaue Vice Mayor Sherwin N. Tugna led the fireworks inspection at Santiago Compound in Barangay Turo, Bocaue, Bulacan on Friday morning, Dec. 29.
The inspection showed no violations on any fireworks stalls inspected along the stretch of the so called capital fireworks stores in the country where Fernando and Acorda warned the public not to buy prohibited firecrackers and pyrotechnics.
Part of his message before the inspection, Fernando, chairman of the Bulacan Pyrotechnic Regulatory Board reiterated that his priority is the safety of the people.
The governor during their Provincial Peace and Order Counseling meeting last week ordered a directive to all local government officials including the barangay officials in the town of Bocaue and Sta. Maria to conduct a house-to-house inspection after receiving reports that some residential houses are being used in manufacturing illegal firecrackers.
“Safety must always come first that is why proper control and regulation of the use of firecrackers and pyrotechnics devices must strictly impose,” Fernando said.
He believed that both safety and prosperity will achieve if there is a clear rules that need to be implemented by the responsible manufacturers, dealers, and users of firecrackers and pyrotechnic devices.
For his part, PNP chief Acorda said that inspection activity is to ensure the safety of the people for a safe welcoming of the new year.
“Kailangan masiguro natin na ang lahat ay sumusunod sa itinakda ng batas sa ilalim ng RA 7183,” Acorda said.
“The PNP, local government units, other government agencies are firmly ensure the strict implementation of these measures, we wish to have a safer and happier new year, we want to make sure that everyone follows,” he added.
Acorda again reminding his fellow police officers to show the Filipino people the practicing to remove the placing of masking tape or gun muzzling to show them that they are professionals and not firing their guns indiscriminately.
Other agencies who joined the inspection are Police Regiknal Office 3 (PRO3) headed by BGen Jose Hidalgo Jr., Bulacan Police Provincial Office (PPO) head Col. Relly Arnedo, Bocaue LGUs, Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), Technical Education and Skill Development Authority (TESDA), Bureau of Fire and Protection (BFP), Bulacan PDRRMO, Department Of Science and Technology (DOST), Bulacan PDRRMO, Philippine Pyrotechnic Manufacturer and Dealers Association Inc. (PPMDI), Bulacan Chambers and Commerce Inc..
Meanwhile, PRO3 director Hidalgo bares the list of the 234 community firecracker zones all over the region.
These are: Aurora- 15, Bataan -3, Bulacan -61, Nueva Ecija- 28, Pampanga -24, Tarlac- 63, Zambales- 40; and 113 fireworks display zones broken down as follows: Aurora- 2, Bataan -4, Bulacan -29, Nueva Ecija- 28, Pampanga -11, Tarlac- 10, Zambales- 27, Angeles City-2.
“We once again appeal to the public to refrain from using illegal firecrackers to avoid any injuries. Instead of firecrackers, we could all welcome the New Year with other forms of merriment,” Hidalgo added.