The Provincial Government of Bulacan through the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council headed by Acting Governor and OIC-PDRRMC Chairman Alexis C. Castro on Friday conducted an emergency meeting in preparation for the tropical storm “Paeng” held at the Balagtas Hall, Hiyas ng Bulacan Convention Center.
According to PDRRMO Head Felicisima L. Mungcal, the situation of the province was at Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal no. 2 under red alert which requires immediate action for the affected areas especially those who are in low-lying areas and those who live near the coastal areas.
Castro said the PDRRMO has also coordinated with their city/municipal counterparts regarding the hazards that may occur in their respective areas including the towns of Norzagaray, Angat, San Rafael, Bustos, Baliwag, Pulilan, Plaridel, Calumpit, Hagonoy and Paombong which will be affected by dam releases; towns of Calumpit, Hagonoy, Paombong and Pulilan which will be affected by possible back flooding.
The towns of Santa Maria, Bocaue, Marilao, Obando, Bulakan, Balagtas, San Miguel and San Ildefonso, the Cities of San Jose Del Monte and Meycauan will also be affected by possible flash flood; storm surges on the towns of Bulakan, Hagonoy, Obando, Paombong and City of Malolos while the towns of Angat, Doña Remedios Trinidad, Marilao, Norzagaray, Pandi, San Ildefonso, San Miguel, San Rafael, Santa Maria and the Cities of San Jose Del Monte and Meycauayan for rain-induced landslide.
Via Zoom conferencing, Fernando pleaded to Meralco not to cut the supply of power in the province unless the situation requires to.
The governor also reminded the rescuers to be careful at all times and to look after one another and maximize their skills but try to avoid going to out of reach areas if possible.
Provincial Social Welfare and Development Officer Rowena J. Tiongson also announced the activation of the Evacuation Center Management Team at the Bulacan Sports Complex; prepositioning of a total of 1,000 family food packs and 600 non-food items from the PGB; 200 FFP and 200 non-food items from DSWD.
Provincial Agriculturist Gloria SF. Carillio also said that they have coordinated with the local agriculture offices to advise farmers who are likely to be affected to conduct immediate harvesting of harvestable rice fields before the landfall.
In Angeles City, Mayor Carmelo “Pogi” Lazatin, Jr. said that food stockpile is readily available at the City Social Welfare and Development Office which was assured by CSWDO Officer Edna Duaso.
“Nakahanda po ang ating food assistance sa CSWDO. We have already instructed the CSWDO to be ready in any case of assistance at the ground level,” Lazatin said.
Apart from the food assistance, necessary supplies such as hygiene kits, blankets, and mats are also prepared at the CSWDO.
Earlier on Saturday, Mayor Lazatin already suspended classes in the city due to Severe Tropical Storm Paeng.
The mayor also ensures that medical assistance will be provided in any eventuality brought about by Severe Tropical Storm Paeng.
He ordered the City Health Office led by Dr. Verona Guevarra to ensure the availability and accessibility of health services in the Barangay Health Centers.
There are 6 Rural Health Units and 28 sub-health centers in the city’s 33 barangays.
All of these centers have readily available medicines regularly supplied by the city government.